Minimum 10 hours per week
Less than 10%
EII combines more than 30 years of mailroom experience with over 20 years of postal automation design experience to develop solutions that work for mailers of all sizes. EII’s mission is to develop practical products that work in the real-world and to provide service after the sale that is second to none.
EII is looking for an Associate Software Engineer to work primarily with the website and Windows desktop applications using VB.Net, T-SQL in Visual Studio 2017. This is a part-time position that will be on site.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager of Software Engineering, the duties and responsibilities of the Associate Software Engineer include:
- Implementing features and fix bugs under the direction of senior developers.
- Working with an agile team to develop, test, and maintain current Confirm Delivery website and desktop applications.
- Preparing reports, manuals, and other documentation for the operation and maintenance of the software.
- Adhering to high-quality development practices including unit tests and self-documenting code.
- Offer solutions that adhere to the specifications listed in the USPS publications 199.
- Effectively estimate time remaining on task.
- Effectively communicate issues or task set-backs with managing senior developer as they arise.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Must have passing knowledge of VB.Net and C#.
- Must have finished 200-level in programming related course(s).
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming.
- Familiarity with Website development.
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with Windows Forms
- Familiarity with T-SQL, Stored Procedures.
- Familiarity with the version control concepts of GIT.
- Familiarity with Visual Studio
- Familiarity with PowerShell.
- Understanding of continuous integration, particularly with Bamboo.
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies, specifically Kanban.