Engineering Innovation Inc. (Eii) showcased its new Chameleon parcel processing solution at the ProMat show in Chicago last month, receiving a strong reception from key decision makers in the logistics and e-commerce fulfilment sectors. Eii is excited to announce that it is also exhibiting the Chameleon at the National Postal Forum in Baltimore, May 21-24.
The modular platform is aptly named the Chameleon because it is designed to adapt to the customer’s environment. “The current logistics market cannot survive the lead time required to provide the custom solutions that they require. With the Chameleon, Eii can meet the demands of individual requirements with the lead times of an off-the-shelf solution,” said COO Don Caddy.
The Chameleon makes automation and productivity enhancement cost effective for rapidly growing parcel processing operations. More than fully adaptable, its portability and workflow flexibility enables it to blend into existing operations, interfacing with OMS, WMS and other business systems to simplify the processing of both incoming and outgoing shipments.
The Chameleon provides customizable options such as barcode reading, OCR, weighting, dimensioning, RFID capabilities, label application and sort speeds to meet your process and budget! Mailing labels feature carrier or Postal barcode, unique piece ID, proprietary sorting/routing codes, and business-specific information.
Key Chameleon capabilities include:
- Simultaneous weighing, dimensioning, and barcode reading and OCR
- Multi-purpose OCR reads the address for manifesting, barcoding, tracking, and proof of processing
- Flexibility to capture address block, barcodes, and weights
- Scale detects parcel weights up to100 lbs.
- Sort packages with weights up to 75 lbs.
- Handles packages as large as 25” x 25” x 36”
- Process boxes, padded envelopes, or poly bags
- Speed ranges from 1,000 to 20,000 parcels an hour.
- Outputs a unique mailing label featuring postal barcode, unique piece ID, proprietary sorting/routing codes, and other business information
- Apply labels automatically, or manually in exception process
For more information, click here or call 800-350-6450.